Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Sports Leader



I'm hoping this will embed properly, but I'm pretty psyched on how this came out. Randy Budman and I have been filming for a while and we put this together. In the bio they wanted an abridged thanks, but don't think I forgot any of you loyal subscribers... so here is the original thank you shout outs. Feel special, because you all make me feel that warm oooey gooey inside ya feel?! yee!

Any thanks? Hella, almost like that one ODB song where he thanks the eskimoes, boats, submarines, etc. But mainly my parents, my girlfriend Janelle, my brother Tim for being my mentor in riding and doing all the scary stuff first (handrails, wallrides, 360's, big gaps, eating shit), Chris McMahon for putting this edit together and being a rad dude, the homies I ride out in the 831 with ie Anthony Quiroz, Murph Dawg, Jackson Allen, Mike Hernandez, Andrew Heath, Kurt Siever, James Carpenter, Kory Thomas, Evan, Dusty, Marcus, lil D Hernandez, B-Rad, Jordan Murdock and Crazy Chris holding down Salinas, the many others around the way that stay Doin' the most ie Tony Campos, Jake Honesto, Cisco, Lydon George, Big Joey Cobbs, Jarrod Allen, Steve O, Johnny Wu, Vic from EPA, Caveman and the 4 oh Haters, Frisco Bay Cats, East Bay all stars, 707 Petaluma/Santa Rosa/North Bay connect OGs, and many more. Also shout outs to friends from school and throughout, relatives, extended family, SC trolls, kooks, lurkers, Eddie Money and annual free concerts at the Boardwalk, TronSteez, Che Holts, Roll Mexican, Pacific Ave Cycles for being the spot, Kelly Costello for pushing the limits of ornithology, Scummy Bears in Reno, and ESPN for hosting this video. If I forgot, dang my bad, I'll get you next round. Stay doin' the most and no bad days!

4 comments:

  1. fuck yea andy mac! way to hold it down. shittin on them streets like the trolls be shittin in my garage...that would be on the regular dirty mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holler ! Cutting edges sporting leader !

    Do your thing macbook !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the unabridged description I sent in for the edit, which was supposed to be titled "Country Clubbin' with Andy Maguire":

    "What can I say about Andy Maguire? Having been friends with him for the better part of a decade, I think it’s safe to say that I know Andy pretty well. Here are some things that you should know about Andy:

    1. He’s from San Mateo, resides in Santa Cruz, and rides at the local high school so often that he’s an honorary member of the alumni association.

    2. He wore tan shorts, rode green bikes, and had a bowl cut almost exclusively for at least six years. Imagine Doug Funnie with brown hair, except, instead of avoiding Roger Klotz, he’s bombing down handrails, slamming down Skummy D’s, and generally getting’ ledgy with the 3 for $5.

    3. He’s got a college degree from UCSC. I think that it’s a BA of some sort, but you’d expect that it’d be a BS with all that technical BMX wizardry that he throws down on that campus.

    4. He’s all about jibber-jabber combos and long manual lines, flatties and spins both ways, wild maneuvers and doing the unexpected, and making moves and drinking beers with the homies. He’s one of the friendliest riders around, so if you’re ever in the Cruz, look him up and be prepared to have a good time."

    ReplyDelete
  4. hell yea bro, gettin loose on the juice, and shreddin 20 inchers... just so u know i had to google that word...
    --duck butter kelly

    ReplyDelete